Phew, that was a close call but all Xmas orders from Knitz & Glitz were sent out in time, cards written and sent, presents bought and larder stocked and now I can relax! So, I thought I'd take some time to mull over how weird I am especially as I was tagged by Model Widow! Thank you, MW! So, here goes:
1. Doesn't matter where I sleep, I always have to sleep on the side nearest the door.
2. I have premonitions but can't do it at will. Something will just occur to me out of the blue and the thing that occurred to me then happens. Sometimes it's just a vague feeling that all is not well and very soon afterwards I get some bad news and sometimes it's a bouyant feeling and I get some very good news. Occasionally, it's much more specific than that.
3. I'm the only woman I know of who had menopausal hot flushes that lasted half an hour at a time. This carried on for two years and was very disabling. Thankfully, though I still get hot flushes, they are now more 'normal' in that they are just that - a hot flush and then gone. The experience though has left me with claustrophobia as these extended hot flushes made me feel that I couldn't breathe properly and I'm now unable to stay in the car if it's being driven through a car wash. I was also unable to be in a car that was being driven through a tunnel without having slight panic attacks but this has now improved.
4. I get bored if I do the same thing for too long. This has meant I've gone through many career changes and have moved around quite a bit.
5. When I have fish and chips the salt and vinegar must be put on straight away whilst its sizzling hot otherwise it's just not the same.
6. I always have to be doing something. Watching TV doesn't count as 'doing' so I can only watch TV if I do something simultaneously like knitting! Last night, whilst I watched TOTP2 Xmas Special followed by Ghosts of Christmas Past, I made my Xmas Necklace.
Click on photo to enlarge
I've made so many stitchmarkers and row counter bracelets, etc, recently for Knitz & Glitz orders that I was missing the jewellery making so creating this choker was fun.
I'm now supposed to tag six people according to the Rules but as one of the weird things about me is that I like to break rules and as most people are probably too busy over the next few days anyway, I'll just say to anyone who hasn't already done it, do it if and when you want to!
THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
EDIT: Has anyone else changed over to the new version of Blogger? I just did and then a large proportion of comments on my posts changed to Anonymous whereas previously it had been clear who they were from. New comments seem to be suffering the same fate!