KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Welcome to the World, Ellie Paige!


In the early hours of this morning, (at 0010 hours to be precise), Ellie Paige made her debut making me a great aunt for the second time.


She weighed in at 6 lbs 12 ozs and this morning I was told that mum and baby were both doing well and were expected home later today. Then, in the afternoon, my brother, the proud grand-dad (hehe) emailed me the photo above. As you can see Ellie is doing her bit in support of Project Spectrum as she's been dressed in pink. Do you think that's why she's looking slightly petulant?!

I've been promised more photos of Ellie showing off the pink shawl I knitted but, as I hung onto it for "show and tell" at Maidstone Knitters on Saturday, it hasn't reached its owner yet! (Tut, tut, not so "great" aunt. Reminder to self - must do better!) Anyway, I've been promised one family photo and one of Ellie either lying on, or wrapped up in, the pink shawl. So, if you're reading this, Bro, just a gentle reminder.

To continue the pink theme, below is a photo of my first contribution to the Craft Fair to be held in November in support of Cancer Charities.


Okay, not completely pink but a pink and blue heathery mix which is made to look more bluish-purple because of the purple Wendy Cosmic trim and, if you're still not convinced, then blame your monitors. The scarf and wristlets are knitted in some yarn which was donated to our group by a member of Freecycle. The scarf is just plain stocking stitch whilst the wristlets are in 1x1 rib and the Wendy Cosmic trim is from my stash.

My personal support for Project Spectrum's colours of the month continues as being, as ever, faithful to the cause, I have a bottle of pink champagne and two glasses polished and ready for when DH returns so that we can wet the baby's head as they say.


Must find the ice bucket when I've finished writing up this post.

Thanks for all the advice regarding the vintage yarn featured in my last entry. Oh, and, Rain, what exactly did you mean in your comment "You wouldn't be KUI in Wetherspoons by any chance?" Well, yes, we were in Wetherspoons but what is KUI?? The only thing I could think you meant was "knitting under the influence". If this is what you meant, then the answer is, yes, I was in Wetherspoons under the influence of some unidentified blue alcoholic beverage that Sharon bought for me because they had no Bacardi Breezers. It was good stuff, though!

13 Comments:

  • At 9:46 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    Oh, cute baby! Congratulations! Looking forward to more pictures. Love your interpretation of Project spectrum project!

     
  • At 9:47 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    Bwahahaha! I did mean knitting under the influence, that could cause serious accidents.

    Congratulations! Ellie is beautiful. I'm sure you really will be a 'great' aunt. I'm sure she'll love her shawl too.

     
  • At 8:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, Ellie is sooo adorable, all my congratulations! I can't wait to see more pics of her!
    Yummy, pink champagne - hopefully you'll both be able to have a good nip at it soon!

     
  • At 8:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Babies seem to concentrate so hard on sleeping don't they, look at that little face, bless!
    Congratulations great auntie (you don't look old enough!)

     
  • At 9:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    congrats!!! red lipps and pink clothes: she's the perfect march-project!!! (i'm participating in the project spectrum too)
    and now you can knit lots of cute baby stuff, booties, jackest, pullover....great for you! the problem with babies is: they grow up so fast, too fast!!
    pink beverages are good projects, could have been my idea...pnk as in dark pink as in cosmopolitan!!! ;-))
    have a nice day!!
    your secret pal

     
  • At 10:08 am, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Ellie is beautiful! Congratulations to everyone!

     
  • At 8:53 pm, Blogger MandellaUK said…

    Congratulations! Your new great-niece is absolutely beautiful.

     
  • At 1:18 am, Blogger sal the spider said…

    Oh, she's beautiful! I am trying so hard not to be broody and she's not helping!:-)
    Sal x

     
  • At 7:39 am, Blogger Sweetpea4kids said…

    Very cute. Congratulations.

    Pop that cork.

     
  • At 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations to you and the parents, Hazel! She's so beautiful!! xx

     
  • At 5:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cute baby photo... she'll be a pink warrior!

    Enjoy the bubbly.

     
  • At 11:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She's gorgeous! I have a new grand-daughter who was born March 11th and she's "Ruby Ellen".
    Ellie Page was born on my late grandma's birthday ... She really is lovely!
    Congratulations! I am thinking of joining your Spectrum Project but got to do some sorting out first.

     
  • At 10:48 pm, Blogger Sharon J said…

    Awwww.... now I've gone all soppy and broody! Can't wait to see the photos of her showing off the shawl.

    Those wine glasses are really pretty. ~Sharon x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home