KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Haapsalu Sali


One of the latest additions to my library is this book.


Not surprising as I'm mad keen on knitting Estonian lace! The fourth anniversary of keeping my blog is coming up soon and I bought two copies of this book thinking I would offer one as a Blogiversary prize. Unfortunately, the shipping company who handled one of the copies did a bad job and that one has a very creased and slightly bent cover as you can see here.


So it cannot in all decency be offered up as a Blogiversary prise!

The company who sold me the book are able to claim for the damage from the shipping company and are happy for me to either keep the book or recycle it. As copies of this book are very scarce on the ground at the moment, I thought someone (not a person who can't bear having a book on their shelves that isn't perfect, please) might be glad of it. The pages are all intact and uncreased. It's just the cover that was affected.

If anyone wants to offer it a home, please leave a comment to say that you would like it. If there is more than one person that would like it, I will do a draw in a week's time to see who gets it. The only thing I ask is that you are prepared to pay for shipping.

The book is in Estonian but it is full of charts of the most beautiful Estonian lace patterns and there are English translations of the chart symbols at the front. You can find a review of the book here.

The Blogiversary Celebration Draw will therefore be postponed whilst I think of a new prize to offer so watch this space!

31 Comments:

  • At 8:03 pm, Anonymous liaknits said…

    Gorgeous book!

     
  • At 8:16 pm, Blogger Sanne said…

    Oooh! I'd love to have it. I absolutely adore my copy of ptsilised koekirjad, so this will find a loving home with me ;)

     
  • At 8:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a gorgeous book and at some point I want to design a shawl of my own so I could give it a very good home

     
  • At 8:31 pm, Anonymous LucyJ said…

    This is a gorgeous book and at some point I want to design a shawl of my own, so I could give it a really good home... I am LucyJ from Ravelry by the way. I forgot to put my name on my other post!

     
  • At 9:10 pm, Blogger cariad said…

    Fabulous book - I was holding on for Schoolhouse Press to publish but an advance copy would be amazing!!

     
  • At 9:17 pm, Blogger Joanna said…

    It would seem I am learning Estonian--I'd love the book.

     
  • At 9:42 pm, Blogger Nautical Knitter said…

    Looks like a drawing it will be. I would love to give this book a home. Please count me in!! Thanks!

     
  • At 10:06 pm, Blogger Rocky said…

    oh wow. I'd love to put my name into the hat for this book. I'd be sure to give it a really great home...
    (I'm rocky on ravery, btw.)
    :)

     
  • At 10:09 pm, Blogger kathryn said…

    What a fantastic book!!

     
  • At 10:11 pm, Anonymous Joan Kass (joanknits on Ravelry) said…

    Please add my name to the draw. I am Joan in Toronto Canada married to an Estonian and totally in love with Estonian Lace.

    joanknits on Ravelry

     
  • At 11:04 pm, Blogger Julie said…

    I would be happy to take your damaged copy off your hands! Please put me into the drawing!
    JulieG on ravelry

     
  • At 2:14 am, Blogger z's momma said…

    What a great book. Please also put my name in the hat for it.

     
  • At 3:20 am, Blogger Beverly said…

    Please enter me in your drawing for this lovely book.

     
  • At 4:07 am, Blogger Pokito said…

    Consider me jumping out of my seat and going "ooh, ooh"

    Pokito on Ravelry

     
  • At 8:23 am, Blogger Destiknit said…

    That book looks amazing! Even with a creased cover! Thank you for sharing Hazel.

     
  • At 8:24 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Please enter me in your draw too - I was about to put in an advance order for the book when I saw you post in the Knit Estonia group on Ravelry - I'm nellytheknitter on Ravelry and would be only too happy to cover postage.

     
  • At 9:18 am, Blogger sulkycat said…

    very generous offer hazel! please add me to your list of names, thank you

     
  • At 10:22 am, Blogger Joanne said…

    I would love to give this book a home.

     
  • At 1:28 pm, Blogger Ashley Knowlton said…

    I don't mind crinkled covers :). Please enter me in the damaged book draw!

     
  • At 2:10 pm, Anonymous RiverPoet said…

    I love beautiful lace, and would be happy to give a hurt book a home. I'm RiverPoet on Ravelry.

     
  • At 12:18 pm, Blogger Carola said…

    I have never tried anything like this and would love to add the book to my collection.

     
  • At 3:38 pm, Blogger mima_piccolina said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:38 pm, Blogger mima_piccolina said…

    it's a gorgeous book.
    i don't mind the damage and would like to be added to the drawing

     
  • At 3:38 pm, Blogger mima_piccolina said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 5:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please please please enter me into the draw for the book. It is so beautiful. Thank you from bumper on ravelry.

     
  • At 5:48 pm, Blogger Cyndi in BC said…

    Please put my name in the hat too! :)

     
  • At 10:11 am, Blogger Aysel said…

    like İ said on ravelry: me want the book :) İ would use the stitch pattern for a Summer tank.

     
  • At 10:06 am, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I hesitated on this - would i really use it? i'm still kind of wish washy cause intimidated and cause in a language i don't speak but i think the inspiration would be incredible. everything you make that is lace is just sublime so if i can learn a little from a book you appreciate then i'd be a happy camper ;).
    thanks for your generous offer. and good luck to all - may the most motivated be drawn :)

     
  • At 8:33 pm, Blogger Hreowian said…

    May I please take part in the draw as well?

     
  • At 12:19 am, Anonymous Nyansera said…

    Looks like a wonderful book and I would love to offer it a new home. I can offer it some nice neigbhours on the bookshelf. :-) My rav id is nyansera.

     
  • At 8:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope I'm not too late - would really love this book! Happy to find your blog, too :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home