KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Posh Yarn Arrived!


It came in the post this morning and it's everything I expected and more!


Two skeins of Posh Yarn Cashmere/Silk laceweight in bloom for Heartstrings' Beaded Lace Scarf II and one skein of Pure Cashmere laceweight in raspberry for Sivia Harding's Victorian Shoulderette. It is just so soft and luxurious looking that I've had to go and have a stroke now and then and I'm absolutely dying to start knitting it.

I can also thoroughly recommend Posh Yarn for their customer service. I've been kept informed throughout of the status of my order even to the point where Dee emailed me today to make sure I'd received my yarn. Apparently, everyone else whose orders had been sent out at the same time as mine had received theirs yesterday. I wasn't worried though because our post often seems to take longer to arrive and the fact that all Posh Yarn's orders are sent registered post also gives peace of mind. Knitty in Pink succumbed to the temptation as well and has a photo on her blog of her Posh Yarn Cashmere Silk aran weight in the mulberry shade.

Mmmm - I'm already thinking of another clapotis in one of the variegated colourways . . . . .

Thanks for all the feedback on the bag and bracelet in my previous post. I really appreciate the time and trouble people have taken to make such helpful comments and I now have a much better idea of what to aim for age-wise, size-wise and price-wise.

16 Comments:

  • At 4:41 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Oooh that looks SO SO tasty. *drool drool drool dribble dribble dribble*

     
  • At 5:30 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    mmmmm - that cashmere looks very tempting :drool:

     
  • At 6:13 pm, Blogger T said…

    The yarn is lovely-lovely. I think you should sit with one skein on each shoulder and nuzzle them with your cheeks :) Yes, a variegated Clapotis is the only way to go. Thumbs up to Dee.

    I especially love the Heartstrings pattern - you have very 'feminine' taste :)

     
  • At 6:25 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Beautiful yarn indeed :-) I like the Heartstrings pattern too.

    Dee told me that there will be some new solid and variegated colours on the site next week, y'all have been warned :-)

     
  • At 6:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Octavia DK Cashmere/Cotton should be arriving tomorrow.

    Because I work I have my stuff posted to Michelle - who always opens my parcels - just to check the contents are intact of course!
    She always was a nosy child :)

    Having seen your yarn, I think I am going to have to fight her for it!!!

    Luckily, I ordered it in 'Deep Water' -if it had been in pink I wouldn't stand a chance.

     
  • At 8:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh bother - I'm so sorry - I didn't get your email until too late to check Ruth's wrists yesterday, and then today I was struck down with a migraine, which put all thoughts of measuring out of my head, and she's now fast asleep in bed. I'll do my very best to remember tomorrow. She's definitely in the right age-group to love something like that though.

    Beautiful yarn. I'm just NOT LOOKING at the website - can't afford to right now...

     
  • At 8:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not a knitter - although I did take a class and forgot everything I learned - but as an artist, I do appreciate beautiful colors and textures.

    By the way, customer service is also number one in my book :)

     
  • At 10:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The yarn looks gorgeous! I've been eyeing up the variegated sock yarn, it's just a shame that I'm on a bit of a yarn buying diet at the moment.

    I love the Heartstrings pattern, it's going to look lovely in the yarn you chose.

     
  • At 11:06 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    It's gorgeous! Stop it, stop it at once - all of you!

    They do such pretty yarn that it's hard to resist.

     
  • At 11:06 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    oooh, yet more gorgeous yarn... delicious!

     
  • At 2:58 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    That's one site I've bookmarked for the future - LOVELY yarn...must have some...can't buy right now - no no no no
    (sigh)
    Thank you for enabling!
    ((((hugs))))

     
  • At 6:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yummy!!! Beautiful yarn Hazel... you temptress!! I may just need to put my diet on hold for a little while.. ;)

     
  • At 6:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohhh, this yarn is so gorgeous! I'm totally in love with the colors, and it looks so soft and tempting, no one can blame you for having to touch it all the time!
    I'm very curious to see what you're going to make with it, a Clapotis is certainly a very good idea! Have fun knitting it!

     
  • At 11:40 am, Blogger Sue said…

    That posh yarn looks so good. I bet that it feels as good as it looks, and I cannot wait to see what the finished item looks like. Look forward to updates.

     
  • At 11:57 am, Blogger Angie said…

    I think Daisy said it all ..it looks good enough to eat .The colours remind me of my ancient roses ( due soon) which I adore .I never used to like pink but now my hair is white it is lovely ,softer for older skin than the dark plums I loved so much. I just bought a lot of alpaca so it will have to wait but I do have a birthday coming...Jeff might find little notes with "Posh Yarns" url around the house .

     
  • At 12:35 am, Blogger HPNY KNITS said…

    very delicious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home