KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Whimsies


The last month or so has seen me veering away from the serious toward the more whimsical. I don't know why but it seemed to start with the box of chocolates and cupcakes wall hanging blocks and then I made this. Meet Knitty Norah peg doll!


Then the Monthly Adventures group over on Ravelry decided to have a Dorset Button Along so I learned how to make them and a few of us have become literally hooked. I started off by making a few buttons.


Then I made some jewellery from the buttons.


Then came the holiday ornies made from the buttons.






And my imagination is still running riot! So, another obsession. I suppose I'll just have to go with it until it burns itself out.

Aside from all this fun and IT IS FUN, I knitted this baby dress for a friend's baby.




And finished the Woman's Journal Vintage Jumper for the KCG's Period Garment Scheme.


I did knit the box pleat sleeves too but the instructions on how to sew them in didn't make much sense and, after various attempts, I decided it was probably best to post the jumper back with the sleeves for someone else with a bit more sewing savvy than I to insert.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:07 am, Blogger seashoreknits said…

    oh I love your vintage jumper! just beautiful - where would one find the pattern?

     
  • At 2:18 am, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    Oh what fun!!! You're just so talented. I love the whimsies!
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 7:50 am, Blogger Rebecca said…

    wow! what a productive yet creative month! you are really good at those dorset buttons and i love the ideas you have to implement them into different projects (i only thought of using them for sweaters! ;) )

     
  • At 1:39 pm, Anonymous Georgina said…

    All spiffing, especially Knitty Norah!! I say Yay!! to whimsy!!

     
  • At 11:27 am, Blogger Linda said…

    Beautiful little makes you have been makig! I love the sweater.

     
  • At 5:15 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Hey, cool whimsical adventures!

     
  • At 1:28 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Oooh, what a creative time you've been having, I love everything, especially the Dorset buttons. The jewellery you made from them is stunning.

    And how beautiful is that vintage jumper? Wow!

     
  • At 11:31 am, Anonymous Leslie said…

    Hello mate great bllog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home