KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Origami


Origami is my new interest. It started with me making some non-origami paper baubles and stars, etc, and I thought that playing with paper in that way was so much fun that maybe I'd enjoy origami. So I tried some simple stars and a more complicated snowflake which was designed by Dennis Walker and I'm hooked.


One of the stars is made from ordinary everyday copy paper, then sprayed with gold cosmic shimmer and the other is made from white origami paper. I found the snowflakes a bit challenging for a complete beginner so they're not perfect. One is made from copy paper and the other from tracing paper which, due to its transparency allowing the different layers to be visible, is meant to give it a translucent quality. I now have origami books and paper on my Xmas wish list so we'll have to see what Santa brings.

Funny how closely related events sometimes occur simultaneously in such a way as to appear to be much more than could be explained by mere coincidence. I think Jung referred to this as synchronicity. Just around the time my interest in origami developed, I opened the Times magazine and saw this.


It's an advert for wrapping paper and the origami was done by Rea Kim. I'd love to know the name of the model used for this and where I can find the instructions.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:25 pm, Blogger Foldingtype said…

    you can make this by part-folding an origami frog.

    http://www.nzfrogs.org/site/nzfrog/files/Frog%20Documents/Origami%20Frog.pdf

    Stop at the first picture at page 4, and unfold it!


    http://www.flickr.com/photos/foldingtype/

     
  • At 1:50 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Well, they certainly look good to me! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home