KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Creative Overdrive


I seem to be in creative overdrive at the moment.
More so than usual.
I made this little blessings doll which was inspired
by a class with Carol Murphy.


These are wrapped dolls and the base wrap
is made up of fabric that I handpainted.
It is then written all over
in the way of positive words and affirmations


and then torn into strips ready for wrapping.


Little messages can also be wrapped inside the doll
which are focused on the person who you plan to gift it to.
I loved making her.

I've also been altering boxes.
I'm taking part in an altered box swap
and couldn't help doing an extra one.
This is before.


And this is after.


I made the flower on top from materials
including vintage white lace
that I got from a friend as part of a swap.
I had two copies of a book on ATCs
and wanted some mixed media ephemera in return
She sent me this,


Thanks again, Kerri!

I had plans straight away for the lace
which I spritzed with several colours of cosmic shimmer.


Combining it with a sample sheet of Lutradur
that I handpainted and cut into flower shapes
made for some colourful blooms.


What else? Yes, I was part of a candle mat swap
and received this beauty from Ashlee.


Cherry blossom tealight holder.
A quick, ten minute napkin art project.


And last but not least, I have to show these.


I love the grunged up, shabby look of the tins themselves and the images.
They were only 99p each from Nauticalia's bargain bin.
They are also a decent size, not tiny little things
and I think they may be just too pretty to alter.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:46 pm, Blogger My Creative House said…

    What a fantastic and wonderful little doll, love the fabric you show, thanks for your kind words about my blog, I'm honored.
    Anni

     
  • At 11:23 am, Blogger Kerri said…

    Your welcome! I'm glad you could use the lace. You are in creative overdrive! Awesome projects. I'm not sure I could alter those boxes either. It would be a shame to cover the images.

     
  • At 7:06 pm, Anonymous Georgina said…

    Cor! Hazel are you eating THREE shredded wheat every morning!!! Love the wrapped doll - those little word strips are delightful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home