KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Additions to Stash


Well, I don't think I went too OTT at the Stitch & Creative Crafts Show on Saturday. I was quite good really . . . . . wasn't I? Here is some of what I bought. On the extreme right and left are four skeins of Noro Iro. I plan to use this to make several Edgars as Xmas pressies. I know the pattern calls for Silk Garden but I hope that this will do just as well as Taj Crafts only had the Iro at the Show. Also from Taj Crafts I bought two skeins of Kaalund laceweight yarn (2nd and 3rd from the right).



The skein of yarn pictured 2nd from the left I bought from Silkwood Yarns and it's just the right colours, I think, for "A World Lit Only By Fire" from the "Lavish Lace" book. "A World Lit Only By Fire" is a scarf and the title of this design is borrowed from a book on the Middle Ages that the designer came across whilst working on her PhD in Medieval English Literature. The scarf itself incorporates the Shetland Candlelight pattern. I'll have to adapt the pattern slightly because the yarn I bought is 4 ply and the pattern uses DK.

From Web of Wool I bought a sock kit (left) and 2 balls of yarn (middle) that DH chose so that I can make him a hat for the winter. The shiny glittery looking yarn you see on the right I bought from Bee Bee Wools who were selling lots of novelty yarns. I thought it would come in handy for a fabric knitting project that I have in mind which uses lots of silk material cut into strips for knitting together with a sparkly yarn on really fat needles!



The knitted bunnies are to go with the blankets/shawl/bears package that I have ready for the Preemie Unit. This will be given to my MIL tomorrow who will deliver it to the Preemie Unit along with her wonderful tiny knitted sets that she regularly makes. The French Knitter (centre front) was bought because I thought it would be really useful for knitting i-cord. Apart from that, I bought a couple of pairs of Addi Turbo circular needles and some items from the felt making stall.


I was really interested in watching the felt being made. The tops were laid on bubble wrap in thin slivers first vertically and then horizontally.






They were then covered with a piece of net curtain and wetted with soapy water before being rolled and all the water removed.



The person demonstrating showed me how to add a little bit of variation by sprinkling a few strands of a novelty yarn on the tops and sealing it in with a few more slivers of tops before rolling. Although the photo below doesn't look very appealing (the orangy slivers of novelty yarn don't show up in the photo), in reality, the effect was interesting.


With more experience, some really nice things could be made from the felt and I took some leaflets on workshops away with me as well as a felt making kit (only £3) and some different coloured tops in spicy shades to play with.


I'll end here by leaving you with a few more images of the Stitch & Creative Crafts Show.


First, another photo of Silkwood Yarns where I met, and said hello to, Nickerjac, Yvonne and Tess. The Knit & Relax Stand was also here . . . . .









. . . . . and one of Taj Crafts . . . . .






. . . . . and, lastly one of Web of Wool showing all that lovely colourful sock yarn and me dutifully paying for my sock kit complete with a set of dpns. What have I done!!!???

4 Comments:

  • At 6:24 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Woooohaha! Sock knitting is dangerous! But you already knew that from my blog! Here's to loads of pairs of socks!
    Yummy yarn as well, maybe you could use some of the pics as examples of SEX for Knit Speak?!

     
  • At 9:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yummy Stash additions! I'm saving up for Harrogate:)

     
  • At 9:56 pm, Blogger Nickerjac said…

    It was good to meet you and glad you liked the stand

     
  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    that's a lot of nice stash! Lucky you! thank you for the picture of the French Knitter, and the comment about it in my blog. I remember it clearly now. I remember homemade ones - they are very simple to make!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home