KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, February 10, 2006

On Your Marks .....


Well, the idea was that I would try to get WIPs off the needles before the big day but that hasn't quite happened. I got distracted again with some Valentine's Day projects. I have almost finished one of my WIPs but all I can say about that at the moment is that it's a jumper because the recipient doesn't know about it yet.

So, what have I done in the way of Olympic preparations? I haven't swatched and I've only given the pattern a brief once over in that I know that there's a centre, a border around the centre, and then an edging around the border so it's knitted in three parts.

Please, don't worry though, team members! I won't let you down because, you see, I have given it some forethought. I've got all my supplies at hand!

As you can see, I am all ready to go with:

Yarn and pattern;
Needles (both straights and circulars);
Plenty of teabags;
Biscuits (in the bear biscuit tin);
Wine and bacardi breezers for strictly medicinal purposes. The stronger drinks will act as tonics when I need a little bit more oomph and, when those bottles run dry, there's more where they came from;
My team mascot, Scruffy, (who's my favourite bear) and, as he's wearing a zippy car jumper which reads Jaguar Racing, he may bode well;
Champagne - just in case I have anything to celebrate at the end!

Apparently, Stephanie, over at The Yarn Harlot, has decreed that wherever you are in the world, cast on time should be 2pm but, as I will be doing my 'work proper' until this evening, I'm going to wait until the Olympic torch has been lit some time after 6pm tonight.

Good luck GB Team Members! GO, GO, GO!!!

9 Comments:

  • At 10:27 am, Blogger susoolu said…

    I can't work out the start time either - Stephanie first said 2pm your time, and then she went and said when the olympic flame is lit! I'm ready too, and I'm impressed with your supplies (champagne is a good touch, like the optimism).

     
  • At 11:21 am, Blogger Minnieknits said…

    Good grief, you are so prepared for this - this is definately a gold attempt!!
    I'm chanting for everyone I know from the sidelines so once that flame is lit, you should be able to hear my voice
    'Go Hazel, Go Hazel!' ;-o

     
  • At 11:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm planning on starting during the BBC broadcast, which starts at 6pm I think. Well, I'll be starting if I have a project that is. Good luck - make use of whatever medicinal substances you need!

     
  • At 11:30 am, Blogger Rain said…

    I'm waiting for the flame too.

    You are soooo organised! I like the supplies (and I don't mean the knitting stuff).

     
  • At 12:55 pm, Blogger Wye Sue said…

    I'm going to wait until 6pm as well, have to have an early tea ;-)Not got my supplies sorted, but have good supply of chocolate just in case !!
    Good Luck everyone :-)

     
  • At 1:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck, great mascot...

    I am starting at 6pm too... I am afraid I have to work!

     
  • At 3:36 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    I think I'm going to do a 6pm start, as then I stand some chance of someone else being around to take a pic!
    Scruffy looks a good deal more supportive than Monkey is being at the moment (he hasn't yet got out of bed!)

     
  • At 8:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just stopping to buy to wish you luck with the Olympics - you go girl!

    Have a great weekend xxx

     
  • At 8:36 pm, Blogger ra said…

    What no chocolate??????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home