KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Swapsies and the Month of Purple


Today I received two packages in the post. One was from Marie in Brussels and the other was from an eBay seller. The contents of both parcels are pictured below.


The two Maybelline eyeliners are my part of the "Gimme Your Stuff" swap with Marie as she's been frantically searching for this eyeliner in a specific shade (iced chestnut) for some time and it appears to have been discontinued or at the very least extremely scarce on the ground! I tried all of the usual places to no avail and then found not one, but two, on eBay!

Marie's part of the swap was to send me the lovely crocheted spring flowers bracelet that she made with the finest crochet cotton. The coloured parts of the petals on the crocheted flowers are actually composed of tiny little beads so, as you can imagine, it's very intricate. Marie also sent me the cute card picturing the cat playing with a ball of yarn. Thanks, Marie! The eyeliners will be packed and sent to Brussels first thing in the morning.

July is Project Spectrum's violet and purple month and so, being as these are among my favourite colours anyway, I thought it was a good enough excuse to make a necklace in purples.


Nathalie at the Pink Palace is getting new beads in all of the time and I noticed these very attractive new glass ones last time I visited and couldn't resist. The photo below probably shows the beads off better.


Knitting-wise, I'm still plugging away at the Beaded Lace Scarf and am almost finished another hat for the charity craft fair (the Beehive hat) in some of the donated yarn. The new Knitty is up and I've decided to make these for my One Skein Secret Pal and I rather like the look of this, too.

Now I have a question for you. Well, on Tuesday I had my teeth cleaned and polished by the dentist and I'm now the proud owner of sparkling white gnashers. I've decided to stop drinking tea, coffee and red wine (all beverages that stain the teeth) and haven't had any since Tuesday. It was quite funny because, after leaving the dentist, I went into the village deli to waste some time whilst waiting for the bus and automatically ordered a coffee which I then had to ask if they'd mind changing to a herbal tea! Since then, I've been drinking herbal teas, mostly chamomile and peppermint, and lots of water and the odd Bacardi Breezer. I do have some fruit teas in the cupboard but, to be honest, I can see that I'm very quickly going to get bored with fruit and herbal teas! I'm not keen on drinking too much squash and fruit juice is apparently over acidic for the teeth unless diluted. Fizzy drinks can also often contain acids that eat into the enamel of the teeth so what am I to drink?

17 Comments:

  • At 7:32 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Oooh, what a lovely bracelet from Marie, it is so intricate.

    The purple necklace gets my vote, naturally ;) I'm really enjoying seeing all your jewellery creations, it's all very inspiring.

    Sounds like it's just water for you from now on *big grin*

     
  • At 8:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your necklaces are gorgeous as ever. And I too liked the knitty necklace and I think you will do a great job with it (I know you will weaken and make it)
    Water or Green tea is what I would say

     
  • At 8:43 pm, Blogger T said…

    Gorgeous bracelet, so pretty, and your necklaces are lovely too.

    Did knitty only go up today? I was amazed to see it and thought I was right out of the loop, lol.

    I have no drinking advice: I am ADDICTED to Earl Grey tea and go mental without it. Nothing else works.

     
  • At 10:10 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Carrie-Ann, I've just had yet another large glass of water. :-)

    Silvia, apparently green tea stains teeth, too. (Groan)

    Tina, Knitty went up yesterday. If you go on their mailing list, you get an automatically generated email informing you as soon as the new one's up.

     
  • At 2:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a lovely picture! If you don't mind, I'll put it on my blog, as well.
    The purple necklace is gorgeous!
    I know an elderly lady who uses a straw to drink her tea. She is convinced that her front teeth won't get stained like that!

     
  • At 6:08 am, Blogger Rikki said…

    Sounds like a great swap :)
    Don't forget to take a crazy picture and email it to us!!
    Rikki
    Australian Ambassador for Gimme Your Stuff

     
  • At 9:49 am, Blogger Seahorse said…

    I love the beaded necklace (and I thought of you when I saw 'Julie' on Knitty!).

    I don't drink any teas or coffees (don't really like hot drinks), so apart from the odd indulgence in a glass of coke, it's just plain tap water for me.

     
  • At 10:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That bracelet is so pretty! And I love the card, it made me smile.

     
  • At 10:15 am, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Thanks, Marie, but I think I'll give that one a miss (drinking tea through a straw)! LOL

     
  • At 10:36 am, Blogger Rain said…

    Damn, looks like you'll have to keep drinking Bacardi Breezers. I find water very dull, but since we bought a juicer it's been fresh fruit juice all the way.

    The beads are all so beautiful and your creations really show them off well.

    Pssst, no rush on the frogs, it's not like I'm waiting at the door ready to snatch the postman's arm off - much! ;)

     
  • At 11:02 am, Blogger ra said…

    I have to confess that I'd rather have dark brown teeth than stop drinking coffee!!!! But I always dilute fruit juices when I drink them, just 'cos I prefer them that way.
    Love the necklace you made and that bracelet from your swap partner is lovely!

     
  • At 2:11 pm, Blogger José said…

    Have you tried Rooibos tea, you have it without milk, but you can put honey or sugar in it to taste, also it's suppose to be very good for upset stomachs.
    Thank you for the comment about my bolero, it is from a Sirdar pattern, but i've been tweeking it abit :)

     
  • At 2:38 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Thanks for everyone's comments about Marie's lovely bracelet and the necklace. :-)

    Rain, I thought the frogs might have got there today as posted first class yesterday but, hopefully, they'll be with you tomorrow. Juicers - yes, we've got one too but I'm put off using it as I hate cleaning it afterwards! LOL

    redinvention - that's a good thought about the Rooibos tea. Thanks. I have had it before and I knew it was caffeine free. What I didn't know is that it's low tannin as well and, as that's the stuff that stains the teeth, perhaps Rooibos could be my cup of tea occasionally when I'm really desperate! :-)

     
  • At 4:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oo ooo ooooh I want that kitty! The bracelet is just gorgeous isn't it and your necklace is so very pretty too. Every time I visit your blog I'm amazed at your skills.

     
  • At 6:58 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    The crocheted bracelet is amazing! Love your purply necklace too.

    I drink mostly water as I don't drink tea or coffee, I might also suggest white wine as I doubt that would stain teeth? :-)

     
  • At 9:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh wow, this bracelet is so gorgeous, it looks so elegant and unique!
    As for the drinking thing, I'm afraid there won't be much left than drinking water! I didn't know that Green Tea stains teeth as well - argh!!!

     
  • At 7:35 am, Blogger Mary-Lou said…

    Champagne, obviously!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home