KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Ready to Go!


Panic over. Through one of DH's contacts, we managed to get some Public Liability Insurance at the very last moment. Phew! Then, in the documentation that I only received today, I discovered that the table that we were going to take in wouldn't be acceptable as it might be a fire risk! Luckily, the Operations Manager at the Chequers Centre was very kind to me and, whereas I was told previously that there weren't any trestles left, he has now put one by for me as well as some chairs and, what's more, has promised to set it all up before we arrive. How nice was that!

So, apart from stressing about all the last minute things, I put all the stuff I could possibly think of taking onto my kitchen table. It's now been drastically reduced as the table I'm being provided with is only 2 feet wide.

Click to enlarge

See my gigantic needles on the right of the photo. I'm now up to speed with the backwards knitting so I don't have to turn my work. I've decided I'm going to knit the i-cord into a scarf and, as it's pink, it'll do towards the November charity craft fair which will benefit Breast Cancer charity as well as Cancer Research. I now also know how to finger knit.

I do seem to have developed a sore right eye today. This happens from time to time and I think is to do with stress. I call it my red eye syndrome. So, if the press do attend and take any photos with me in them, I shall just pretend the camera caused the red eye, so there! LOL

11 Comments:

  • At 9:50 pm, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Gosh, safe at the eleventh hour! Have fun tomorrow.

     
  • At 10:46 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Oh, that's great news that you have been able to sort out the insurance. I've just read through your previous post and you sound as though you have everything covered and are really organised for the day. I am sure that you will be able to get plenty of people interested in knitting either for the first time or rekindle the interest in lapsed knitters, you have such an amazing display prepared.

    Wishing you all the very best for tomorrow, looking forward to reading all about it!

     
  • At 1:27 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Best of luck for today!! Your stash of items to take looks wonderful, you are bound to have lots of people taking an interest :-) I love the ball of i-cord too!

     
  • At 8:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So great that you have managed to sort out the insurance thing, you must be so relieved! And poor you for your sore eye! CM gets this pretty often and it sure does hurt him a lot - I hope yours will get better very soon! Have you ever seen a doc because of this? CM got some liquid to drop into the eye and that seems to work, at least it heals much faster this way.

     
  • At 8:21 am, Blogger Angie said…

    Wishing you well and a great day Hazel.

     
  • At 9:18 am, Blogger T said…

    It will be fine, the best things are sorted out at the last minute :) You have prepared well, now have a great time.

     
  • At 9:22 am, Blogger AmyP said…

    Good luck for today! Let's see how many converts you can get!

     
  • At 10:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your display looks stunning, good luck with the event - hope your eye won't give you any problems.

    Have a fab weekend xxx

     
  • At 1:12 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    Have afantastic time. I hope it goes well.

     
  • At 12:04 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Hope it went well Hazel. All your preparations look stunning!

     
  • At 6:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hope it went well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home