KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Gimme Your Stuff!

Gimme Your Stuff

I've joined Gimme Your Stuff - "a cultural exchange blog where you can swap items of significance to your area with items from others around the world". This is an exchange that is open to everyone and not just to knitters.

Here's what I'm offering:

Handmade jewellery;
English yarn, knitting magazines/patterns and pattern booklets (as requested);
Gorgeous beads from the Pink Palace (see handmade jewellery and stitch markers photo album [which will be added to frequently] to get an idea of the beads available);
English teas;
Sweets, chocolate and biscuits;
Anything else you can think of (open to suggestions).

And here's what I'd like in return:

Yarn (natural fibres) that's difficult to obtain in UK;
Unusual beads and buttons and other craft items;
Some traditional Norwegian knitting yarn in black and white such as Strikkegarn for making Selbu mittens;
Shrinky dinks shrinkable plastic (not the sort that you write on but the type for computer inkjet printers).

UPDATE: Here is some of the stuff I have for swapping.

Click to enlarge

All of these items came from our local delicatessen in Lenham, a village which is steeped in local history and which is adjacent to the village in which I live in Kent (The Garden of England). There is local Lenham honey, gooseberry preserve with cowslip wine, ginger crunch biscuits and petticoat tail shortbread as well as four sugar mice.


There are also four Lenham postcards and a greetings card showing the villages of Kent along with a map which I got from the village Post Office.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:50 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Hi Esta,
    Which one are you particularly interested in? Let me know and we can work something out. :-)

     
  • At 11:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is my first message on your blog which I have already visited several times.
    May I join you on this swap?
    I offer a "Spring Flower Bracelet", like the one shown here http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/7922/fleursdeprintemps3ns.jpg
    I am interested in a Liner Express by Maybelline, colour "Iced Chestnut" - http://www.maybelline.co.uk/products/eyes/l29l30l41l212l215.htm This product has been discontinued over here for a couple of years and I have been missing it badly ever since.
    Thanks a lot!
    Marie

     
  • At 2:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hazel!
    A big thank you for the message that you have left on my blog.
    I'm also very grateful to you for accepting my proposition. I'm so glad to do this swap with you, you know!
    May I have your postal address, please? You can leave it here: mariebruxelles@gmail.com
    I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Marie

    PS: I would like to start the same swap thing with my blog's usual visitors. Is it OK for you if I "borrow" your idea?

     
  • At 12:46 am, Blogger stacey said…

    Hi!

    I would love to trade you some natural fiber yarns for sweets, chocolate and biscuits.:o)

    Check out my website www.madebyewe.com and let me know if you see anything your interested in.

     
  • At 1:26 am, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I can get you some shrinky dink stuff, i see it all the time. let me know, right now i just want some lion bars :]

     
  • At 8:43 am, Blogger Angie said…

    You don't see sugar mice enough these days..along with glass jars of sweets pretty enough to look like beads.

     
  • At 8:21 pm, Blogger Katie said…

    I would love to swap with you for the english craft magazines. and I can try to find you items that you request from the us.
    here is my swap post http://katiesknitknat.blogspot.com/2006/06/this-cool-site.html

     
  • At 1:51 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    I'll swap the norwegian strikkegarn with you, if you can wait until I'm back from holidays in two or three weeks.

     
  • At 12:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd love to swap with you for the stuff you have posted on your site. I can get you some unusual beads and buttons and other craft items. Check out my list to see if there's anything else you'd like [swapwithbabs (dot) blogspot (dot) com].

     
  • At 2:38 am, Blogger k a r e n said…

    I would love to swap with you. I am Karen from the Philippines. I can send anything that you would like from my swap list: www.stamparlad.blogspot.com. if you are interested, please e-mail me at: kaleidofiction@yahoo.com. I can send you yarns, cool beads, and some other crafty things like scrapbooking items. i would love to receive sweets, chocolates, PlanB magazines if you can find them (back issues are accepted) and anything related to Popart or Popculture.Greetings from the Philippines!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home