KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Magazine Towers!


Thanks for all the comments on my previous post and for all the kindness and help given as I was setting up my eShop. Special thanks to Sharon and Kevin for the help they gave to try to make the most of the 1and1 package; to Louise who made a clearer, sharper looking button than the one DH and I had made; to all those who've added my button to their sidebars and given me plugs on their blogs; to Ruth who emailed me with advice and allowed me to take advantage of her eShop wisdom; for general encouragement from loads of you and, last but certainly not least, to my first customers. My knitting friends are the best!

On Sunday we went to lunch with my in-laws and I acquired a new friend, this time of the beary type. As you can see, he's a gurkha bear. I'll really have to add all the latest bears to my Bears' Gallery as the bear hug (collective noun) has increased enormously since it was last updated!


It came to my attention yesterday, as I was looking for a particular magazine, just how many knitting magazines I actually buy! When they're bought one by one, or as you see them, they can accumulate very rapidly, can't they?!


Here we have the latest issues of Vogue Knitting, Sandra, Interweave Knits, Knit Today, Knitting, Simply Knitting, Knit Simple and Knit 'n' Style! Phew! If I carry on like this, I'm going to very soon get a paper hoarding problem (nightmare visions of one of those houses you see on the likes of clean 'em up and clear 'em away programmes on TV where someone has let things get so out of hand that they have papers looming like tottering towers reaching right up to the ceiling).

I've now almost completed my secret project which is just as well given there's a deadline and am looking forward to starting something new. Okay, I have the other side of the long top to knit (but it's doing nothing at all for me at the moment) and I have various other projects that just need little touches to finish them off. But, no! I think I may just start the Swallowtail Shawl from the latest copy of Interweave Knits.

13 Comments:

  • At 12:49 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    I love your Gurkha Bear. The real live things - Gurkhas, not bears, are amazing people.

    I'm such a hoarder too. It looks like you could open a knititng library!

     
  • At 12:55 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Oh yes, CO for the Swallowtail Shawl!

     
  • At 2:11 pm, Blogger CelticCastOn said…

    ok fill me in on what a Gurkha is please.

     
  • At 9:13 pm, Blogger Badger said…

    I want to make the swallowtail shawl too, so you should definately CO for that!

    Love the Gurkha bear too :)

     
  • At 9:32 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Definitely a vote for the Swallowtail shawl here! I love Gurkha bear :-) That is an excellent collective noun too - bear hug :-)

     
  • At 7:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, what a cute bear, I so love it! But what the heck is a Gurkha? And I'm truly impressed by the amounts of knitting magazines that seem to be around in the english speaking world - here in the German parts we only have, well, 2 "real" knitting mags that are available everywhere, 3 or 4 different ones that you'd only get in yarn stores (and they are from one yarn-manifacturer each, not that interesting actually). The rest is just crafter's mags that have some knitting patterns included here and there. Hmmm - but perhaps it's good that way, saves me a lot of money as I'd buy them all too ;)

     
  • At 10:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There was a gorgeous 1950's bear on Bargain Hunt this week .I wanted him as he had such a lovely face.Some old bears have mean faces and were too hard to cuddle. My favourites are Rusty and Albert who were the bears sold by Habitat when it first opened.They are prefect ,sweet faces ,soft and adorable. Albert has been through the Holly mill so has had to be re-stuffed .I wonder if you collect bear books too?

     
  • At 3:35 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    What a cute bear!

    I know what you mean about knitting magazines - and when I add that to all the art and design mags I buy... tottering towers of papers are not far off!

     
  • At 11:46 am, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Kelly and Dipsy - you can find out what a Gurkha is here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurkha
    but I just like him 'cos he's a bear.
    Angie - no, I don't really collect bear books and please don't tempt me or I will definitely have paper towers all over the place. LOL

     
  • At 4:55 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    OK, you need to let us in on the secret! Where do you find the time to read all those mags? I have enough trouble keeping up with SK and IK!

     
  • At 8:11 am, Blogger T said…

    DH played rugby with Gurkhas, he says they're great folk too. Cute bear, very smart :) All those mags, you don't think you have a slight obsession? (Along with the rest of us, right? ;o))

     
  • At 3:42 pm, Blogger m. said…

    I'm jealous of all your glossy magazine goodies.

     
  • At 6:29 pm, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said…

    So you think you've got a magazine problem...My bedroom is being taken over by knitting magazines, books and yarn. Oh and there are bin bags full of yarn, hats and teddies in the dining room. I also have a yarn stash under my bed and in my wardrobe and beside the settee. My craft stuff has taken over the spare room....I suppose you could say my house has been taken over.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home