KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Rainbows, Arches & Columns


The generosity of knitters seems to know no bounds! Today, yet another package was delivered by our postie for the charity Craft Fair. This time it was from Ceris at UKnitty who sent three gorgeous rainbow curly whirly scarves and corsages.


Don't they make a beautifully colourful display! Thank you so much, Ceris! Our stall in November is going to be absolutely brimming with knitterly goodness, and it's all down to you knitters and your generosity and selflessness. Here's another shot, closer up, so that you can see the corsages better. It really was like discovering a rainbow when I opened that package this morning, I can tell you!


Apart from my own knitted donations, I decided to have a root around in my stash of knitted items to see if there was anything there that I could add to the ever increasing cache and found a scarf that I'd knitted just over a year ago before I realised how a good blocking could improve lace. It's the arches and columns lace scarf from a free pattern at Crystal Palace Yarns knitted in Jaeger Extra Fine Merino 4ply (machine washable) in Heath together with a strand of Rowan KSH in Pearl. It was a crumpled mess when I took it out of the drawer but after being immersed in silk and wool wash and tepid water for half an hour, rinsed and wrapped in a large bath towel to absorb excess water and then blocked, this was the result.


And, just so that I get good value out of my dress form, here's the essential dress form shot. LOL

13 Comments:

  • At 4:57 pm, Blogger T said…

    They are *such* pretty curly whirlies, how lovely :) And your arches and columns is really good. Glad you decided to block and find its true beauty :)

     
  • At 5:54 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Love those curly whirlies, yay for Ceris :-) The arches and columns scarf is beautiful too. Blocking is rather like magic!

     
  • At 6:05 pm, Blogger Mary-Lou said…

    Wow, just occurred to me how much space you'll have free after this charity fair is out of the way ...! What will you fill it with?

     
  • At 6:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those scarves are exquisite....I must knit you something and soon.At least it is knitting weather now. I could never outdo those .

     
  • At 7:02 pm, Blogger Badger said…

    Hurray for the magic of blocking!

    And those curly whirlies are beautiful too

     
  • At 8:47 pm, Blogger Craftydramaqueen said…

    Good luck with the fair. I have about 30 teddies hanging on my washing line as we speak for the Teddy Bears' Picnic - I didn't knit them, they were donated.
    Keep the faith with the knitting. I'm still learning so when I go wrong it puts me off and I knit something else,. Surely something will turn out right for me so I can wear it with pride! I'm going to try the Fetching gloves!

     
  • At 9:58 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    What gorgeous curly whirlies, your stall is going to look amazing with all these donated goodies :)

    Love the arches and columns scarf, what a great find!

     
  • At 7:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, the beauty! These curly whirlies are so much fun to look at and so pretty, and the arches and columns scarf is fantastic too, a true piece of art!

     
  • At 11:02 am, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Thanks to all for the comments. :-)

    Mary-Lou, I think you know very well what I'll fill up the space with. ;-) Thanks for the link for the jeweller's anvil. Good idea!

    Cherry, thanks for that link. I did receive your email and I emailed a reply to you. Didn't you get it?

     
  • At 4:25 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Gorgeous curly-whirlies!

    I love the columns and arches carf too. Very sophisticated.

     
  • At 1:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They are simply stunning! All of them, curly and lacy, soooo beautiful! Are you sure you want to sell them at the fair and not keep them all to yourself? And don't say the thought didn't cross your mind now ;)

    xx

     
  • At 1:50 pm, Blogger Piglottie said…

    I love the colours of the curly whirly scarves.

     
  • At 6:31 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    The curly whirlies look lovely.

    Your scarf is very pretty, it's amazing what a bit of blocking can do to lace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home