KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Still here!


Seems like long time, no blog, but I am still alive and kicking and very busy!! Knitz & Glitz has taken off really well and, along with my office work, keeps me out of mischief! Not that I would think of getting up to any mischief, of course. I've had orders, not only from the UK, but from the US, Norway, Ireland, etc, etc, and every single customer who has received items up to now has been so kind with their comments.

I have been busy on the knitting front as well and I'm dying to show you but I still can't reveal anything. Sorry - but it's secret for the moment!

What I can show you is this fab surprise package I got from my lovely friend Tina a couple of days ago.


Tina really knows what I like and that nobody can go wrong with beads, buttons and embellishments as far as I'm concerned! LOL As you can see from the photo, the package contained a butterfly embellishment (which, funnily enough, I'd been thinking of getting for some time), a beaded bookmark (not only do I like this but it's also given me the idea of making some for Knitz & Glitz) and, the piece de resistance, those fabby dabby doo buttons! I LOVE those buttons and it's going to have to be a REALLY special project to merit being adorned with those! Here's a close up so you can drool over them.


Thanks again, Tina! That package really made my day and cheered me up no end!

Next, this is just for Purlpower (and, of course, anyone else who might find it useful). Purlpower asked about the short row shaping and three needle bind off that we did at the Finishing Techniques Workshop. This is how it was done. Giving an example of a shoulder shaping starting with 27 sts and casting off nine and then another nine, what you would do is instead of casting the stitches off, work 18 sts and then wrap a stitch and turn, then purl back, then pick up the wrapped stitch and knit it with the stitch above it on the next row. Then, on your next right side row, work nine stitches and wrap the next stitch, purl back and pick up the wrapped stitch on the next row and knit with the stitch above it. If you haven't done short row wrapping before, there are loads of links showing you how to do it if you google.

With the three needle bind off, it's simple, you just keep the stitches of both shoulders live and then place the needles side by side with both wrong sides facing outwards (right sides facing each other). Then, using a third needle, cast them off together. So, just cast off as you normally would but cast the stitches of both shoulders off together. HTH

Ta-ta for now!

10 Comments:

  • At 1:52 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    Those buttons are darling! So happy to hear about your success!!! You deserve it!
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 4:57 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Hee hee, I've got those exact same buttons! I've just been sewing mine onto my Eloise cardi...

     
  • At 6:04 pm, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    What a fabby parcel! Those buttons are just wonderful :-)

     
  • At 7:17 pm, Blogger T said…

    Ah well, you don't mention that you'd already sent me a smashing book and these were a thank you for that. So, thank you!

    Wow, orders from all those places too! How exciting!

     
  • At 9:19 pm, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said…

    I'm so glad to hear that Knitz&Glitz is doing so well - well done you!

     
  • At 10:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad everything is working for you. I saw some of the 'Book Thongs' today and actually thought of you :)There is one problem with them. They are to short for most knitting books, I tryed one out today...just food for thought!!

     
  • At 11:41 am, Blogger Rain said…

    I'm so glad K&G is going well. Fab package from T.

    Lol, I tried the short row shaping idea after you mentioned it on a baby sweater, but I made a right show of it, so went back to the pattern. Methinks I need to neaten up my wraps, because it's a great idea.

     
  • At 2:48 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Lovely goodies!

    Great to hear the Knitz & Glitz is doing so well :)

     
  • At 5:51 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    So glad to hear that Knitz and Glitz is doing so well!

    Gorgeous goodies from Tina, especially those buttons!

     
  • At 11:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, what a great package you received - I *so* love these buttons!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home