Swallowtail Finished and Messing About With Wire
I finished the Swallowtail Shawl from the current Interweave Knits yesterday afternoon and I'm pleased to say that, despite my worries, I didn't after all run out of the cashmere Posh Yarn! The Posh Yarn seems to have excellent yardage as this shawl and the Heartstrings Beaded Lace Scarf both took less than 50g each. The colour's not represented well in these photos. The raspberry shade is exactly like the photo in the previous post.
On Saturday, I had a go at making a couple of pieces with wire and beads (no other ingredients) which meant I had to shape all of the pieces including the spiral hook and eye on this choker type necklace which consists of a central scrolled piece, two zig zag pieces and handmade beaded chain as well as the hook and eye. I'm not happy with the mix of zig zags and scrolls though as the sharp angled lines of the zig zags, I feel, are not in harmony with the more flowing and softer lines of the centre piece. I'll probably remove the zig zags and replace them with scrolled pieces.
EDITED to replace the original very bad photo with these two photos below which show better how the choker would look when worn and which are modelled by my new 'alien' display head (teehee). I'm beginning to think the zig zags are perhaps not so bad after all.
Back view showing spiral hook and eye
I also shaped this pin (below).
Neither of the pieces are as good as I'd like them to be but I'm just honing my skills at the moment and did learn quite a lot, I think, in making them.