KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Cast ons and Bind Offs


I've made a pledge that for everything I cast on in the future, I must bind something off. Let's see if I can keep to it!

The 1940s Vintage Cape Bed Jacket has been finished for a while but the weather hasn't been conducive to photography. However, in the end I bit the bullet and decided to do the best I could as the rainy and overcast weather shows no sign of abating for some time to come.




As I said previously, it's worked in one extremely wide piece to the yoke and the yoke is then worked in five separate pieces in fancy rib. I rather like the effect of the fancy rib.


It's done by increasing and then decreasing into the knit stitches on alternate rows.

The only problem now is that the weather's probably a bit too warm at the moment for MIL to feel inclined to wear it! I'll be taking it to the nursing home to give to her on Wednesday and am hoping it will be well received.

Having finished an item, I felt quite within my rights to start another even though I still hadn't quite completed the Patagonian Night Sky Scarf. So I cast on for Vogue Knitting's Lace Cardigan. Below is the back up to the armholes.


Why is it that soft greens always end up looking grey on most people's monitors! The pattern calls for Reynolds Saucy Sport which I was going to substitute with Sirdar Luxury Cotton. However, I couldn't find any of the sage green I was looking for in my LYS so I ended up buying RYC Cashsoft Baby DK just because it works up to the right gauge and was the shade I wanted. Up to now, I'm finding it a really interesting knit as all the shaping for the back is done at the centre. The fronts, too, promise to be refreshingly different as the lace pattern is worked on the bias.

Thanks to Robin and Seahorse for providing the link to the Knit Night cupcakes. Aren't they fabulous!

I've added some Sock Knitters' stitchmarkers to Knitz & Glitz . . .


. . . and have lots of other exciting new lines planned for the near future.

13 Comments:

  • At 2:27 pm, Blogger T said…

    The Bed Jacket looks even prettier in real life than the pattern, it's really lovely :) And the lace cardi is equally beautiful, you never fail to knit the poshest things!
    Hehe, sweet socks.

     
  • At 2:37 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    What fantastic work! I'm in awe!

     
  • At 4:27 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    It's freezing up here at the moment so I'm sure she'll be able to wear it as soon as you hand it over! It looks fab!

     
  • At 7:55 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    What a beautiful bed jacket - just lovely!
    (I'm always amazed at your talent! It's lovely...I know I said that once...)
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 10:56 pm, Blogger belaybunny said…

    I love the jacket, it's gorgeous. And those sock stitch markers are so cute.

     
  • At 11:06 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    the bed jacket looks gorgeous. i'm sure she'll love it.

    I'm so pleased to see you doing the lacy cardi. i really want to make it and much prefer to see one 'in the flesh' before I do. You've chosen a lovely colour for it.

    I'm in awe of your cast on/off pledge. It sounds like a great plan but alas, I lack the discipline.

     
  • At 7:58 am, Blogger Jenn said…

    That bed jacket is absolutely lovely looking! And the start of the cardi from interweave, if I were smaller Id knit it for myself! :) I LOVE your little sock stitch markers perfect for all those sock lovers out there. :)

     
  • At 1:54 pm, Blogger Piglottie said…

    I'm sure the jacket will be very well received, and the Vogue Knitting's Lace Cardigan looks wonderful. Lovely stitchmarkers :)

     
  • At 2:38 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    The bed jacket is so pretty, the fancy rib looks really nice. Hope it is well received!

     
  • At 10:50 am, Blogger acrylik said…

    Wow, the bed jacket is amazing! I'm sure you MIL will love it. I love your new cast on as well, beautiful work as always.

    The new stitchmarkers are so cute - looking forward to seeing what's new :D

     
  • At 11:58 am, Blogger Modelwidow said…

    Your MIL can`t help but love the bed jacket - it is SO nice. The lace cardi is going to look pretty special too.

     
  • At 4:34 pm, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    The 40's Vintage Cape bed jacket is beautiful. I'd love to knit one for my mom, would you mind sharing where the pattern is available? Actually, EVERYTHING is amazing!

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I LOVE this bed jacket! Do you know if the pattern is still available? (It looks like an old one). This is my first time on your blog -- I found you on the beadedkniting board.
    Great work!
    Kat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home