KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Quick Update


Life continues to be uber busy but I feel I really ought to try to update the blog now and again even if it's just a quicky!

So, the Estonian Lace Christening Shawl is almost complete. In the end, I decided rather than keeping it the same as the prototype except for a much larger centre, I'd try to keep the 'frame within a frame' look of the original which would have been lost with the larger centre. I think I've achieved this without it becoming too much of a mish mash by adding another (different) motif border and a repeat of the inner border. The centre is larger than the original but not so large that it looks mainly centre. I have so many stitches on now that it's all bunched up (even though it's on a 120cm long needle) so, for what it's worth, here's how it looks at the moment.



To have a break from the knitting, I've also taken up a new hobby in my crafting time. This was brought about by a swap I took part in recently where my partner liked anything celestial. I cross stitched a sun and moon from this book and I also did myself a unicorn from the same book. Here they are:






And somehow I found time to make some interesting purchases but they'll wait for another time. For now, I'll just show the latest addition to my button collection. These were described as antique bakelite buttons but I think they're more likely to be vintage.


I really like the oriental look of them.

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 8:25 pm, Blogger Nana Sadie said…

    Estonian lace is gorgeous! (and those buttons? WOW! I agree, vintage...)
    (((hugs)))

     
  • At 10:51 pm, Blogger kathryn said…

    I can't wait to see your finished Christening shawl! I can see why you need a break from knitting now and again and those cross stitchings are lovely.

     
  • At 9:49 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Oooh the shawl is beautiful!

     
  • At 11:11 am, Blogger acrylik said…

    Your shawl is looking amazing, what an heirloom piece.

    Love the stitching, it's something I've never got into but I always like the results!

    The buttons are beautiful, what a find!

     
  • At 11:01 pm, Blogger Arianwen said…

    love the shawl! it is spectacular.I look forward to seeing it blocked!

     
  • At 5:29 pm, Blogger Modelwidow said…

    What lovely buttons, and as for the shawl....well, can't wait to see the finished article. Even the unblocked, on the needle shot is stunning.

     
  • At 9:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    truely gorgeous lace!
    (though: 1200cm long needles means 12 meters, that would be ready for Guiness book ;-)

     
  • At 9:42 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:44 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    LOL, Ina! Seems like an extra nought crept in there! Corrected now.

     
  • At 3:30 am, Anonymous Vaw Awareness Month said…

    Loveed reading this thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home