KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Snowflakes and Snow Queens


I seem to be in the mood for wintry things as I've incorporated snowflakes or something else of the winter season into almost everything I've created recently. I've also got into sewing a bit more and recently made a set of four Snow Queen dolls (pictured below in their boxes) for a swap I'm taking part in.








And I designed some snowflake wristers, too, which I'll be offering as a free pattern as soon as I have time to write it up.


In other news, I had a great time at the Knitting & Stitching Show at Ally Pally and bought quite a few things but only one small item involved knitting! I'll post pics of what I bought in the next few days for those of you who may be interested.

There was a Morsbag stand at Ally Pally. It was great to see people taking their pick of the free fabric and making their own bags on the sewing machines provided for that purpose. There was a real buzz as bags were finished and the triumphant new bag owner was then able to perform the honour of banging the gong and notching another bag up on the scoreboard as everyone cheered. I chose some sea-themed fabric and decorated it with sequined sea-themed motifs when I got home.




Some stuff I'm working on I can't show at the moment as they're for gifts and I've also taken up embroidery but more on that later . . .

3 Comments:

  • At 3:14 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Your snow dolls are stunning - loving seeing all your creativity here!

    Sounds like you had a great time at the Knitting and Stitching show. I've made a couple of the morsbags and they are so useful. Yours is beautiful.

    Love the wristlets!

     
  • At 1:32 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    What a great idea on that stand at Ally Pally!

     
  • At 2:03 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home