KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Altered Box


Recently I organised an altered box swap.
The idea was that we took an empty chocolate box or similar, altered it
and then filled it with embellishments and other art and craft paraphernalia
that we thought our partners would be able to use in their work.
This is the box I made.


I painted it wedgewood blue on the outside and antique copper inside.
I then collaged it with reproduction vintage labels and a sepia lady image
and embellished it with vintage buttons and lace, a cameo,
lock and key, old stamps, tissue tape and an adage ticket.


Then I filled both layers and sent it off across the pond!




I had a lot of fun making this box and deciding what to put inside!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:13 pm, Blogger Tiddy and Charlie. said…

    A beautiful box! What a treasure trove of goodies you put together. Is that a book on tatting that I see?

     
  • At 12:57 pm, Blogger Kerri said…

    I'm glad you had fun decorating and filling the box. I sure had fun opening it! You are awesome!

     
  • At 7:02 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 7:04 pm, Blogger elementalfibers said…

    It's so lovely! An excellent project idea, really.

     
  • At 9:48 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Wow, that looks incredibly detailed, and so well thought out. What a cool idea for a swop.

     
  • At 3:54 pm, Blogger Plummy Mummy said…

    Gorgeous. Love the colours and what a fun thing to open

     

Post a Comment

<< Home