KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

What I've Been Up To


It's so easy to get behind with blogging but, because I've kept this blog going for so long, I feel it's a shame not to keep it up. I find that the longer I leave it, the more onerous a task it seems to be so I'm just going to get on with it, Please expect a long and photo heavy post and, if you make it to the end, you deserve a trophy! LOL

This is a bird's nest necklace made from wire and beads that I was inspired to make by a charm I received in a swap a while ago. I didn't have the right gauge wire so it turned out a bit bigger than the one I got in the swap and I would have preferred to do it in copper rather than silver but didn't have copper. Oh, well, at least I had a go at wire wrapping the nest.


A Marilyn button fairy.


I've been experimenting with different fairy wings.


The top ones are made from fantasy film that has been stamped and then ironed. The middle ones are vellum with butterfly wing peel offs stuck on and then cut around and the bottom ones are printed with an inkjet printer on transparency.


The bottom wings in the photo above are just cut out of glittery paper. There are loads of different ways of making fairy wings and these are just a few of them.

More ATCs. This one features grungeboard letters on foiled and painted Vilene.


I made this set of seven teabag folding ATCs below for a swap I'm taking part in. I decided to try teabag folding and it seemed a good idea to make some of them into ATCs. I stamped a script stamp with Versamark and then embossed with tinsel gold embossing powder and then I used joss papers at the sides. Six were for the swap and I kept one for my personal collection.








Then I made some more and used them on greetings cards.


This one uses the pentagon fold.


Finally, some more that haven't found their way onto ATCs or cards yet.


Now for general greetings cards that I've made. The first one is a fox side stacker easel card.


A squirrel twisted pyramage.


A layered card on acetate.


And a card that I made using one of the captured flowers ATCs I did and a polymer clay butterfly.


Then I had a go at making some Kanzashi flowers. A friend of mine bought me the book "Kanzashi in Bloom" a while ago and I've been meaning to try them for ages. They were fun and satisfying to make.


Then it was back to the cardmaking with a butterfly easel card.


And my first try at decoupage.


A couple of ATCs on which I tried a new (for me) background technique using embossed wax paper as a resist. On the first one, I also overlapped some mica tiles to resemble cracked ice.




After that I wanted to try foiling so I went into foiling mode and, first, made this journal cover.


Then I used the foiling to alter an altoids tin.


This is what it looks like inside.


I decided not to make it into one of those really arty shrine type tins as I actually want to use this one to hold things.

I also made a journal page with the foiling. This is for a swap.


Lastly, here's another journal page in which I photoshopped a pic that I took on Deal pier last year and a custom image of a girl with a balloon from Deviant Art. I like the contrast of the two images and the surreal feel of it.


Well, I think that's me for now! Phew!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:41 pm, Blogger Popbabe7 said…

    Wow!! You have been busy! All this looks amazing.

     
  • At 12:57 am, Anonymous shirley said…

    Hazel I just love you cards, and the butterflies. They are amazing. Here is the address of a site where the the lady, makes jewellery, thought you might be interested to have a look. She is a friend from Nanango where I used to live.

    http://juniezjoolzandtreasures.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 1:47 pm, Blogger Rebecca said…

    always more treasures! love (once again) the creativity that flies from your fingers

     
  • At 8:01 pm, Blogger Modelwidow said…

    My you have been busy. I just love the birds nest necklace, and as for the ATCs and cards, i just don't know how you find so many ideas and such inspiration.

     
  • At 4:46 pm, Blogger Chris Flynn said…

    Wowwie Zowwie! That's a lot! I love your butterfly, atc's, journal covers, in fact, I love all you've done.

    So glad you're keeping up with blogging. You're an inspiration!
    Sweet Blessings to you....

     
  • At 9:40 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Wow, so many things. Now what you mean about not blogging for a while and then having loads to catch up on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home