KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blog Makeover and Prize Competition


I'm planning to have a blog makeover. When I first started blogging about seven years ago now I think, all I really did craftwise was knitting. Now, I dabble in all sorts of arty crafty stuff but don't do much knitting! So, KnitYoga as a title is no longer appropriate. It doesn't fit any more. Also, I've been tired of the plain old blogger template for quite a while and now want something more personalised in the way of a background, banner, etc. In short, my blog needs a new lease of life. I probably do, too, but unfortunately templates for that are hard to come by! ;-)

The competition is to help me find a name for my blog that fits better. After I've decided on a name, I'll have my blog makeover done. Can't wait! If you want to enter the competition, please leave a comment, suggesting a name for my blog. Remember, I'm looking for a name that 'fits' my blog. Uniqueness, too, would be a bonus. You can make as many suggestions as you like. A prize will be awarded to the person who suggests the one I like best whether I choose to use it in the end or not. I'm in the UK but am happy to post a prize internationally so, wherever you are in the world, please leave your suggestions. I will pick a winner on the last day of this month. I have no idea what the prize will be yet but I promise it will be worth it!

10 Comments:

  • At 1:04 pm, Blogger Popbabe7 said…

    Hello

    I'm discovering your blog through Ravelry.

    I used to have the same layout many years ago when I first started having a blog.

    I am not the best person to find a name for a blog as I keep changing mine, but looking at a few of your previous poosts these sprung to my mind:

    The Crafty Booty (you use it in one of your post and I really like this :-))

    My Craft Realm

    My lil crafty kingdom

    I'll come back if I can find some more

     
  • At 1:37 pm, Blogger egr683 said…

    "The Busy Hands Blog"

    "The Crafty Cul-de-sac"

    "Multicraftual Female Seeking Same"

     
  • At 3:25 pm, Blogger Kristy said…

    Fairyflyies
    Have wings, will craft
    Scrappy Wings

    My blog has gone through a few face lifts over time. Its nice to change and update your look every so often.

     
  • At 5:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there, I'm Taarna on Ravelry :)

    My suggestions:

    Artfully Altered
    Artistic Alterations
    Fibre, Paper, Lace
    Crafty Lady

    Have a great day!

     
  • At 5:13 pm, Blogger Arianwen said…

    can't think of a name. But, curious how you will rename in blogger? will you go to another provider?

     
  • At 1:07 am, Blogger spookycuddles said…

    I think most of the projects you create are elegant and many are altered, so my suggestion for a name would be:

    Elegantly Altered

    If I think of any more after checking your blog out again I will be back to add them as well.

     
  • At 3:49 pm, Anonymous Georgina said…

    I would probably put more of your delightful nature into the title than your modesty would allow! I would call your blog The Creative Soul, or Dreams to Life, or The Embellished Road.

     
  • At 6:00 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Well, I'm hopeless at thinking up names, but good luck with the makeover!

     
  • At 10:30 am, Blogger stitch4stitch textiles said…

    Its always hard to think of a new name which is catchy and unique,
    Creative Dreams,
    Hazel's Creations.

    Diana

     
  • At 2:37 pm, Blogger Chris Flynn said…

    As you can tell… I like seeing your name in your blog title…
    Hazels Knitz and Glitz
    Hazels Inspirations
    Hazels Craft Heaven
    Hazels Craft haven
    Hazels Altered Haven
    My Altered Inspirations
    Hazels Haven of Inspiration

    You could almost use any of these I found…
    Great words inspired by your blogs….
    Fun
    Jolly
    Playing
    Stylish, styling, style

    For your banner, I’d use a collage of your favorite projects that would exemplify your amazing creativity. The fact that you alter projects makes you somewhat of an alchemist….
    Hazel’s Crafty Alchemy
    Or play with that word a bit…. Transforming junk into gold!

    I love inspiring stuff like this…. But I have to get my day started.
    Good luck!
    Ps I’m happy to bounce more ideas with you!
    Sweet Blessings, Chris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home