KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Meme and Hazel Needs . . . . .


Tari tagged me to do this meme some time ago but it's only now that I've got around to it so here goes:

Ten years ago:
I was looking forward to my graduation as a qualified homoeopath following a major career change in my late thirties which led me to a four year course in homoeopathy at the College of Homoepathy in London. I soon set up a practice which was busy and thriving and was also asked to do some tutoring at the College of Homoeopathy as well as the first marking of the dissertations. This was a very interesting time in my life.

Five years ago:
We moved away from suburbia to settle in a village in Kent. The intention was that I would set up practice again but I never quite got around to it. However, I was lucky enough to be offered some computer work that I could do from home and I've been doing this ever since.

One year ago:
I was facing, with some trepidation, my half century. Turned out to be okay after all. I've found that, as you get older, a lot of the hang ups you had when you were younger disappear. You realise that you are basically what and who you are and, although you can change certain things, there's a lot you're stuck with so you'd just better get on and make the best of it. So, that's what I'm doing. I intend to grow old as DIS-gracefully as I possibly can as described in that wonderful Jenny Joseph poem, "Warning". I wanted to wait until the summer before celebrating my 50th and I planned to have a garden party with karaoke because we had previously had a karaoke party for our son's 30th and everyone had really enjoyed it. I also love subjecting all my good-natured friends and family to my *singing* but the summer seems to have come and gone and no party . . . Well, there's always next year!

Five yummy things:
Sushi
Mango
My best friend's Biryani
Stem ginger
Tiramisu

Five songs I know by heart:
I know by heart every song I've ever liked and that's a lot of songs. They get sung in the bath regularly.

Five things I would do with a LOT of money:
Don't know exactly but something to alleviate the suffering of some of those who are suffering.
Pay off the mortgage and buy a little place in the Caribbean, or
Stay in the UK and open a yarn shop with a cafe attached where people could come and relax and knit and buy my yummy yarns, of course!
Buy a house for my son and his partner.
Go on a spiritual pilgrimage.

Five places I would love to escape to:
The British Virgin Islands where we went for our honeymoon
Nowhere else specifically but anywhere away from the rat-race; peaceful; close to nature.

Five things I would never wear:
Stiletto heels
A fussy hat, i.e. like those worn by women at Ladies' Day at Ascot.
Shoulder pads (I always cut them out)
False eyelashes
False fingernails

Five favorite TV-shows:
A bit selective as I don't like watching a lot of TV but I like programmes such as:
Horizon and documentary type programmes
Later . . . with Jools Holland
The Simpsons
Newsnight
University Challenge

Five things I enjoy doing:
Knitting, of course, and other crafts
Reading
Listening to music
Pub walks
Get togethers with friends/family especially Xmas when we get to play silly games.

Favorite toys:
Computer
Knitting needles and yarn
Spinning wheel (when I get it!!)
Camera
iPod

Five people who get this meme:
I think most people have probably already done it so I'll tag some of the newer bloggers, i.e. Fred, Liz, Mary-Lou, Ruth, and I know she isn't new to blogging but, Beverley, if she hasn't already done it. Obviously, if anyone doesn't feel comfortable about it, I completely understand.

Well, that's the meme out of the way. Now for the funny bit . . . . . Today I saw on Kate's blog this google thing that people have been doing which is quite amusing. What you do is you go into google and type in your name followed by the word "needs" e.g. 'Hazel needs' and list the ten best search results that come up. Here are mine:

Hazel needs gentle introductions to new people, places and animals. Hazel is a calm, intuitive girl and is quickly learning to walk on a leash.

Hazel needs to find out who is behind this dastardly action.

Hazel needs a person with a really large heart to open their heart and help her learn that life can be happy and wonderful.

Sanders, wickedly aware of the spunk that Hazel needs in order to be successful at intimidating the people who surround her . . .

Hazel needs moist, well-drained, acidic soil to thrive but is somewhat adaptable to neutral soils.

Hazel needs your serial number and activation keys.

Hazel needs to tell the shopper something which isn't rightly classified as an "error", ...

Instead of discreetly allowing me to go get my snack, she'd yell in front of everyone: "Hazel needs her snack now!"

Hazel needs work with her manners, but has great potential.

Hazel Needs a Car (1 Nov 65). Hazel tries to con Steve into giving her the money she needs as a down payment on a car.

Hazel had tangled her emotional with her physical hunger needs. Hazel needs to comply to a certain, generic regime.

Hazel kitten needs a home.

Hazel needs to be coppiced.

Hazel needs many of last years' leaves pulled off.

Okay, there are a bit more than ten but I liked all of these and have spent some time laughing my socks off at them (though unfortunately not yet hand knitted ones).

Finally, here's a photo of me wearing the vintage capelet yesterday . . . . .



. . . . . and, as I noticed from the one DH took of the rear view . . . . .


. . . . . Hazel needs a visit to the hairdresser to tidy up those wispy ends.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:22 pm, Blogger MissLucy said…

    I enjoyed reading your answers! The vintage capelet is lovely. Did you finish it when you were 30? Because you don't look anywhere near 50 in the picture. I'm not sure I believe that part!

     
  • At 10:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really don't believe that you're 50 ! Not for one minute.
    The capelet is lovely. I enjoy seeing your knitting. Such great projects and gorgeous yarns.
    Don't you miss practising homeopathy ?

     
  • At 9:35 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    Are you really sure you're 50?! I refuse to believe it! ;-)
    I enjoyed the google meme, it did make me laugh. Am going to have to try it myself now...

     
  • At 1:18 pm, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said…

    Thanks for the tag, Hazel! Will get onto it as soon as I can... not sure who'll I'll tag though... and the google 'Needs' is rather funny, given your name!

    I'll second everything said about your age and looks, but also am curious about your homeopathy.... will ask you more at a later date!

     
  • At 1:53 pm, Blogger Mary-Lou said…

    Thanks for the tag - will get on to it asap

     
  • At 1:17 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Haha i typed in hazel needs and this was the first thing that came up..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home