KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Back from Wales


It was really nice to see Lee and Amanda at the weekend in their new home near Carmarthen in South Wales.


They've been extremely busy and are rightly proud of the results having done all of the work on the flat themselves. On the right is a photo of their main bedroom.




They also have a second bedroom which they've turned into a guest bedroom mainly for when Amanda's small niece and nephew come to stay.



This has a separate study area. I really liked their slimline monitor and have decided to get one of these as it will take up less room than the bulky one I have at the moment.


Here's a couple of photos of their sitting room and some of their kitchen/diner which was put to good use by Amanda who cooked us a lovely meal on Saturday evening









It was like a complete role reversal and felt very weird but at the same time quite nice in that, when they lived near us, we always picked them up and ferried them over to our place for a meal. Well, on Saturday evening, we were completely spoiled in that we were picked up from the hotel, cooked a wonderful meal by Amanda and driven back to the hotel afterwards. We weren't even allowed to help with the washing up as, apparently, that's Lee's job!









On Sunday morning the four of us went shopping in Carmarthen so that Lee and Amanda could choose some housewarming presents from us and, in the afternoon, DH and I explored the countryside a bit. We were quite taken with these water meadows due to flooding of the River Afon Tywi.


On Sunday evening, we all had the most delicious meal in the restaurant of the Ivy Bush Royal Hotel where we were staying.


We travelled back home on Monday and DH remarked that I was much more relaxed than usual. Normally, I'm hanging on to my seat and anything else able to be gripped but I took my mind off DH's driving by sitting in the back and knitting Ruffles from Scarf Style book and reading The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood. When DH asked why I was now so relaxed with his driving, I simply replied, "Because I'm now KnitYoga". He didn't reply to this but I noticed from his reflection in the mirror that he gave me a strange look!

On Monday evening, I finished Ruffles. Here it is!


Pattern: 'Ruffles' from Scarf Style Book
Yarn: Sirdar Breeze Cotton Rich DK
Needles: 4mm

I may knit Ruffles again but next time with a more yummy yarn although, having said that, there's no denying that the Sirdar Breeze is incredibly soft.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    zen knitting.... looks like you had a good time.

     
  • At 9:02 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Love the latest Ruffles. Sounds like you had a fab weekend. Which reminds me that I should really cook my Mum a meal in my flat sometime...

     
  • At 6:28 pm, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Thanks, Beverley. It took about 150g of the Sirdar Breeze which I thought was pretty good as the Breeze is very reasonably priced. Comes in 100g (as opposed to 50g) balls though.

     
  • At 7:09 pm, Blogger Becky said…

    I love, love, love that ruffles - I'm so jealous, I want to knit one so badly - I thought some yummy Blue Sky Alpaca would be just the ticket.

     
  • At 8:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wire gauge: found this?

    http://www.simetric.co.uk/siwire.htm

    but think you don't need converting, look at this:

    http://www.allaboutcrafts.co.uk/acatalog/All_About_Crafts_Fun_Wire_12.html

    haven't bought from them, but looks promising!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home