KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Curly Whirly No. 2 - The Beaded Sherbert


Having made my second Curly Whirly, I now realise that Curly Whirly No. 1 was not, in the strictest sense, a Curly Whirly at all but, in fact, a Corkscrew! I've come to this conclusion after having just completed No. 2 which I worked from the Get Knitted Curly Whirly Scarf pattern. This is, to all intents and purposes, a simple frill. In my quest to make sure that No. 1, being composed of funky fur, did not lose its curl amongst the fuzz, I concentrated on making sure that I did enough increases to overcome this potential problem. However, in the light of completing No. 2 and being able to make a comparison with No. 1 followed by an examination of the structure of No. 1, I see that the original cast on row was shorter than the cast off row to such an extreme extent that at some point it ceased to be a frill and coiled in on itself to become a corkscrew. The cast on row is now the inner coil of the corkscrew and the cast off row is the outer edge. So, I now officially rename No. 1 and it will, henceforth, be known as the Funky Fur Curly Whirly 'Corkscrew' Scarf.










Anyway, No. 2 (pictured right) is knitted in Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb sherbert colourway with pearl-like beads added.










Below is a close up which shows the beads better.


Making Curly Whirly scarves is definitely addictive but I do have WIPs that I have to concentrate on. Will I be able to resist planning what to do with No. 3? I think I may have a bad case of Curly Whirly-itis!!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:04 pm, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said…

    This 2nd one is lovely Hazel! really like the effect of the beads. I think it works well with the yarn, not only for colour and texture, but also for the drape.

    Ruth x

     
  • At 7:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are one knitting machine. love this one too, and adding beads makes it special.

     
  • At 9:41 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    That looks lovely too. Hope you got all of today's work finished as well as the scarf! ;-) I agree that working from home is truly dangerous (especially when the knitting is in the same room as my computer!).
    You must knit REALLY fast!

     
  • At 9:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've done a wonderful job with your second curly scarf! Really like the touch added by the beads :)

    Anna x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home