KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Confusabled!


That's my favourite non-word when things aren't crystal clear (confusabled). That's what I am just now because I saw this link on Katie's blog that details a new UK magazine called 'Yarn Forward', which will be targeted towards more advanced knitters, and which is due to be launched on 1st October. Why am I confused or confusabled?!! Well, because according to Angel Yarns forum, there was a new UK magazine called 'Knit Today' due to be launched on 24th August also to be aimed at more advanced knitters. Now the big question is are they one and the same magazine and the confusion has been brought about due to a different choice of name and launch date or are we, in the UK, actually going to have two knitting magazines aimed at advanced knitters and, if so, will our yearning for all things knitterly plus our pockets be able to withstand such temptations or will we go into complete overload mode? Whatever . . . I think it'll be fantastic to have even one UK knitting magazine equivalent to Interweave Knits, etc, (hopefully) but two! . . . well, a lot of us will feel we're in knitters' heaven I should think . . . mmmmmmm . . .

11 Comments:

  • At 9:38 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    No they're two completely different magazines. Feel free to start jumping up and down.

    Yarn Forward is by Kerrie Allman, the eidtor of MagKnits, and is quarterly (aiming to be like Interweave). Knit Today is monthly.

    I can't wait.

     
  • At 7:25 am, Blogger T said…

    I'm jumping! Oh, the expense! Never mind, eh? ;o)

     
  • At 8:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, that's really confusabling :) I'll have to try to get these mags over here as they sound highly interesting - shouldn't be much of a problem, our airport's magazine stand is very good on UK crafting magazines, there's a good chance I might find them there!

     
  • At 5:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Hazel - as Rain said, they are definitely not the same. Knit today is out on 24th August published by ccpuk (they do some embriodery mags now I think) - I know this because I've worked with them on some designs for their magazine. I don't think its that different to the other 2 mags but that may just be personal preference and that fact that I'm biased because Yarn Forward is from me! First issue out on 1st October unless we meet all our deadlines and get some copies in time to sell at the NEC.

    Phew, sorry for hogging your comments with all that!

     
  • At 7:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yes something that doesn't look like "Woman's Weekly" pattern wise would be most welcome...Mr Micawber would say my yarn expenditure well exceeds my income ..oh well !

     
  • At 10:18 pm, Blogger Piglottie said…

    2 magazines? TWO magazines? Am now jumping up and down - maybe we might at last get a decent mag here in the UK.

     
  • At 12:22 am, Blogger dreamcatcher said…

    Yarn Forward's website is here, someone posted the link on AY :-)

    I am so looking forward to a really good knitting magazine that is UK based :-)

     
  • At 4:32 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    I wouldn't worry, I'm in a permanent state of confusablement! So is Monkey.

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Wow - how exciting! How bad for my bank balance? How terrible for my studio to be buried under the ever growing pile of magazines? lol

     
  • At 11:00 pm, Blogger MandellaUK said…

    After all these years of wandering a magazine-free wilderness, isn't it nice to know we're going to be thoroughly catered for at last?

     
  • At 8:01 pm, Blogger Badger said…

    Wow, 2 magazines! I'm jumping too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home