KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hopelessly Addicted to MS3


Okay, I've been rumbled. I admit I cheated and broke my self-imposed rule to cast off one project for every one cast on but, as they say, rules were made to be broken, weren't they? In my defence, I have finished the whole of the back and almost the whole front of the Rakuten sweater and, shhh, I still have the ends to weave in on the Lily Chin Patagonian Night Sky Scarf!

As you've probably gathered by the title of this post, I couldn't resist starting MS3. All of the stoles that Melanie of Pink Lemon Twist has designed have a mythical theme and she recommends that this one is knitted in black, white, grey, ivory or light gold if we want to keep to the theme. So, thinking I'd go with the gold, I ordered some of the Malabrigo laceweight from Get Knitted in the sunset colourway. Then I decided that it was too dark and got this from Posh Yarn instead. It's the silk/cashmere mix laceweight in ivory/gold.


By the weekend I'd also acquired these lovely Czech glass seed beads in topaz.


I was well behind as one clue is released per week and clue 3 had been released the previous Friday but, guess what, I started knitting on Saturday evening and now I've caught up as I finished Clue 3 today!




Honestly, it's really addictive. I just had to keep on going back to it to do a couple more rows and, now, I can't wait for clue 4 to be released! Here's a really zoomed in shot to show the beads.


Other stuff I've been doing is designing a new line of semi-precious shawl/scarf pins for Knitz & Glitz incorporating Czech glass buttons as well as gemstones. This one has turquoise and gold tiger eye as well as a Cleopatra's fan set of carnelian agate . . .


. . . and this one features amethyst and Czech glass multi-faceted beads as well as a handpressed Czech glass button.


Then, I worked on some stitchmarker necklaces which are, basically, necklaces with detachable stitchmarkers, again using semi-precious stones . . .


. . . and I'm loving the Russian dolls that are around at the moment and couldn't help buying up some of these pins in three different styles for the shop.


They're designed and handmade by Gunna Ydri from fabric with beads and sequins sewn on.

Anybody got any idea what the mythical theme could be for the MS3 stole???

10 Comments:

  • At 7:01 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    The stole is FABULOUS! The most gorgeous example of MS3 that I've seen so far!

    Love your new lines too, especially the Russian Dolls.

     
  • At 7:33 pm, Blogger Tammy said…

    The stole is beautiful!!! I wouldn't have chosen those colors, but wow they are just gorgeous!!

     
  • At 7:35 pm, Blogger Susie H said…

    STUNNING! I love the honey tones of the yarn and beads. What a beautiful stole this will be...

     
  • At 8:22 pm, Blogger Linz said…

    I would love to see your new shawl pins modeled on shawls! I can't quite picture it, and I think they would be breathtaking.

     
  • At 8:22 pm, Blogger Linz said…

    PS. Your stole colours are divine!!!!

     
  • At 9:20 pm, Blogger Peggy said…

    Girl, you have been cooking on that MS3. And it looks awesome.

     
  • At 9:25 pm, Blogger Artis-Anne said…

    Oh my that MS is fab ,I too have signed up but haven't got the yarn and beads sorted as yet but your combo is inspirational

     
  • At 7:43 am, Blogger Jenn said…

    I was nearly finished with clue 1 and then I messed up couldnt figure out where I had messed upa nd had to start over!! :( I am just now restarting chart B for clue 1... I am well behind... But it really is lovely yours!! I cant wait to catch up. :)

     
  • At 7:33 pm, Blogger belaybunny said…

    wow, the ms3 stole is gorgeous. I love the colours. and I really like the stitch marker necklace, it's a great idea.

     
  • At 8:23 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    It looks absolutely beautiful so far and I love the yarn and beads you chose.

    Lovely new lines in the shop too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home