KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Unfinished


I'm trying to lose the U from my UFOs as I'm very fond of starting projects and then getting carried away with something else. The grass always seems to be greener on the other side!

For a start, this goddess of plenty needs some arms. The basic goddess shape is from a pattern by Michelle Simkins and then you embellish to your heart's content. I started off embellishing her with flowers but then got carried away and added leaves, fruit, veg, bees and bugs, etc, so she became a goddess of plenty. I still have the back to embellish and her arms, of course! I put a muslin bag of rice in her base to add weight to enable her to stand up by herself and added a few drops of geranium, rose, lavender and orange essential oils.


This lace tunic design I started a few months ago and then it got left in the flurry of Xmas giftmaking.


I must try to find the time to finish it.

Then, there's my first embroidery project which I hadn't touched for ages. I had a good go at it yesterday and I think it's finished except that I'm not happy with the semi-precious stones that I've used so have ordered a selection of different ones to see which might work best. Here is my semi-precious rockery as it is at the moment (semi-precious chips not sewn on yet).


Not much else to report for the time being except that I've spent quite a bit of time over the last couple of weeks working on a secret project which is now finished but can't be shown yet so that's it for today!

8 Comments:

  • At 1:51 pm, Blogger Lisa Dunn said…

    I love your Goddess of Plenty! She is very beautiful! Your embroidery piece is gorgeous too. I think the stones look nice. :o) Your work is wonderful!

     
  • At 2:25 pm, Blogger Jane said…

    What a lovely embroidery piece, hope the new stones are more to your liking

     
  • At 3:47 pm, Anonymous Georgina said…

    Feels good to do some finishing doesn't it, because it means you can start something new with a fresh and free heart and mind - that's the theory!!!!
    Love your Goddess - how a feminine spirit should be colourful and abundant!

     
  • At 4:32 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Love the goddess, what a wonderful idea.

    The tease of the tunic has me going already - it looks beautiful!

    Your embroidery piece is looking lovely, I love the idea of adding the stones to it. Look forward to seeing it when you have finished.

     
  • At 10:44 am, Anonymous Vicky said…

    The tunic looks beautiful. Is it your own pattern or one you've bought?

     
  • At 5:30 pm, Blogger N. Maria said…

    What a great blog! I enjoyed looking at all your eye candy. Beautiful work, just beautiful.

     
  • At 6:48 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    you do such gorgeous work Hazel, i love looking at all your pictures and they really inspire me...I added your blog to mine.hugs Lisa

     
  • At 12:31 am, Blogger shirley said…

    These stones in the garden are really effective Hazel, and are really pretty. Congratulations on a lovely piece. I will add your blog to mine when I get it up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home