KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Another New Year


Well, here we are - another new year - and I don't normally make resolutions but this year I did. One of them was to spend more time learning other crafts and not to spend so much time knitting. Don't get me wrong, I love knitting but one can have too much of a good thing and I feel that I'm missing out on other stuff.

Christmas was quietish but fun - relatives on Xmas day and Boxing Day and friends on the 27th. I didn't bother with a real tree but just used our fibre optic one which gives instant effect without any of the bother. I did, however, add some lovely decorations that I had received in swaps to the tree later on so some effort was made.


DS bought me lovely Xmas roses so they graced our hall table and were a welcome sight to all entering.


I finished all of my Xmas crafting in time. Luckily, the recipient of this New York hat and scarf didn't visit until 27th so it didn't matter that the last bits of finishing got done on Boxing Day.


Here's a pic of a washcloth I made along with some handmade soaps which I bought from eBay.


These have now been gifted so I'm adding blog pics.

A final beaded Snow Queen dotee was made which I was going to gift but, in the end, I decided to keep her.


I thought, after all that beading, I deserved to keep at least one. That's not so bad, is it?

To start the year the way I mean to carry on, I learned two new techniques yesterday. The first was cathedral windows. For those who haven't tried this, it's very fiddly, measurements need to be absolutely precise as it involves corners folding in to the centre a couple of times and it's a bit like origami.


I also had a go at making braid from 7 different strands of leftover yarn.




This was the complete opposite of the cathedral windows - easy-peasy! I think I'm now ready to have a go at some more complicated braidmaking using the Hamanaka Kumihimo Disk Kit that I bought at Ally Pally.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:54 pm, Blogger Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said…

    Hi Knit Yoga,

    Lovely Post. And good luck with new crafts. They can be as addictive as knitting.

    I am taking a crafting break and putting together some jigsaw puzzles. My brain and hands needed a rest after the holidays.

    I like you blog and can't wait to see more in the future.

    Hugs, Euphoria

     
  • At 6:02 pm, Blogger Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said…

    Came across your blog quite by accident and am so glad I did. I have spent a goodly amount of time just enjoying all you have posted. Love it all.

    Jackie

     
  • At 11:42 am, Blogger acrylik said…

    Happy New Year to you! Here's to a wonderful 2010 :)

    Yes, I've been doing less knitting recently and have been concentrating on other crafts, my brain just needs a change at the moment. I can understand where you're coming from.

    Love all your pieces! Liked the look of the braiding - are there instructions online for that?

     
  • At 5:26 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Oooh I used to love making those when I was younger!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home