KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

More Projects


A pincushion cuff I made for a swap recently.


Here it is modelled by "Thing", which is a really creepy dummy hand that I use to take pics of mitts, gloves, etc, and now it's obliging me with cuff modelling. Thank you, Thing! Remember tha Adams Family?


Another foiling project. This is a pen tub that I made out of a piece of cardboard mailing tube. The base is a circle of card with a thin bangle glued around the edge to hold it in place.


Birdhouse embroidery on paper


A couple of summer bracelets. I sent one of them for a swap and kept the other but I can't say which one as the recipient hasn't received it yet!




And I got to know my Bernina Embroidery Module a little better. I love it. One of the things it can do is to make lace motifs. You just have to thread it with some pretty thread. I used this one.


Hoop up with some soluble stabiliser and fit the hoop. Program the machine to stitch out a design that will work for lace (I chose a butterfly) and I programmed it to stitch in a couple of sizes and pressed start. Then I went and had a cup of tea and came back to find my butterflies all sewn out. I took it out of the hoop, tore away the excess stabiliser and then held the motifs under cold running water for a while. Tada, lace butterflies! I think I might make a choker type necklace with one of them.


Lastly, I've been making Tandletons - TA (Tatted), NDLE (Needle Lace), TONS (buttons). First, you make the bases with Hanah Silk Bias ribbon.


Then you decorate them. You can use traditional embroidery stitches, ribbon embroidery, needle lace, tatting, beading, etc. I've finished four up to now.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:43 pm, Blogger Tiddy and Charlie. said…

    So many ideas I want to try out now!

    WIll you ever run out of ideas? I don't think so :o)

    c x

     
  • At 8:55 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Thing does indeed look rather creepy!

     
  • At 2:27 pm, Blogger Chris Flynn said…

    So, what did you do all weekend! HA! You continue to amaze me. Thanks for sharing your talents!
    Sweet Blessings to you.

     
  • At 10:15 pm, Blogger erasercarver said…

    Wow, it's always an inspiration to come and visit! The pin cushion cuff is a wonderful idea, I really like that.

     
  • At 10:12 pm, Blogger Modelwidow said…

    Busy lady (as always) love the pincushion cuff, so pretty.

     
  • At 12:59 am, Anonymous shirley said…

    Hazel you have been so so busy, and the variety of things you are doing is amazing. congratulations.

     
  • At 4:19 pm, Blogger Artifice said…

    I love these!!!!!! A cluster of them would make a wonderful pin.

    Linda

     

Post a Comment

<< Home