KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What I Bought, The Big Bling and Cats


Well, I promised to show what I bought and then realised that I can't show much because a lot of it is for presents or stocking fillers.

I can show you these vintage earrings I bought for £1 a pair.


As you can see the top ones are handpainted on silk by Elsa and the ones at the bottom are vintage Liberty ones handmade by Sandra Duvall. What attracted me to these the most was who they were owned by (a local artist called Joan now deceased). She was a real character and was still painting and doing all sorts of creative things right up to her death in her nineties. She was definitely Bohemian and, I was told, was hippy before hippy was invented. She always did her own thing and wore what she liked despite convention. Some of the jewellery was very unusual and exotic and was given to her as gifts on her travels around the world including Egypt.

Knitting-wise, as well as knitting that has to remain secret for the time being, I had massive guilt pangs about my UFOs. So, I decided that I'll finish them one at a time alongside anything else I'm knitting. Let's see if I can keep to my resolve! The one pictured below is the Louisa Harding Button Wrap.


Now I'm wondering whatever possessed me to ever knit this as I now dislike it intensely and will never wear it! As if that wasn't enough, I'm personally finding it the most mind-deadingly boring thing to knit! Ugh! I'm hoping someone will fall in love with it when it's finished and accept a little gift from me.

Knitz & Glitz is coming along nicely and I'll be really glad of my new site when it's ready as I've used up all the items and categories that I'm allowed for the package I have with 1and1 which means that every time I want to add new items, I have to delete existing ones to make way for them!

Here are some items which I've added this morning.


Here we have Big Bling handcrafted birch knitting needles studded with rhinestone crystals in a choice of four colours and some Cats handcrafted birch knitting needles with little rhinestones for eyes and on their collars. There are better photos of them individually here (click on handcrafted knitting needles in the Product Overview). Watch out also for the handcrafted buttons that will be appearing on the site in due course!

Sorry, I've got a bit behind on keeping up with others' blogs which I'm now about to remedy. Things are so busy at the moment with various commitments that I've decided I need a house elf like Harry Potter's Dobby.


Unfortunately, all that was available to be bought at the Craft Fayre was a Terry Pratchett Nac MacFeegle lookalike!!

15 Comments:

  • At 7:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hazel ..would you be willing to sell the Louisa Harding to me ..if so mail me at angie@taumaranui55.fsnet.co.uk.
    Also I would need to pay by cheque .angie

     
  • At 7:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you decorate those needles? They are so fun!!!! Great idea.

     
  • At 10:39 pm, Blogger artyfartykat said…

    Joan sounded like one of those fascinating people you could spend hours listening to.
    I'm pleased the Knitz n Glitz is doing so well.The new needles are fab!
    I think the house elf idea could definitely catch on!!

     
  • At 10:59 pm, Blogger Rain said…

    Ooh you're brave for tackling your WIPs, I hide mine behind the sofa.

    The cat needles are too cute!

     
  • At 12:57 pm, Blogger Seahorse said…

    Great that KnG is doing to so well.

    I absolutely love the earrings - how great to know their provenace as well. Makes them very special.

     
  • At 5:30 pm, Blogger Maggan said…

    Hello! Found my way here from Dipsy´s place ;) Ooh such lovely needles!! They make even the dullest knitting fun I imagine ;)
    Now I have to go to your Ebay to see the other things you do.

    Best wishes from Sweden

     
  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger Modelwidow said…

    The cat needles are just great. I think the wrap looks really nice, and well done you for tackling your wips, especially if you don`t feel that enthusiastic about them.

     
  • At 8:45 am, Blogger Artis-Anne said…

    Thanks for your comments on my blog; love the needles :)

     
  • At 4:19 pm, Blogger acrylik said…

    Oooh, the vintage earrings are amazing!

    Thank you so much for making the cat needles! Love them! There's one item to wave in front of hubby's nose for the festive season ;)

     
  • At 8:47 pm, Blogger Piglottie said…

    What beautiful earrings! I adore the silk by Elsa ones, and what wonderful memories are attached to them.

     
  • At 10:24 am, Blogger Daisy said…

    Oooh, I'm intrigued now. Why do you hate the Louisa Harding so much? Is it because it's been on the go a while?

     
  • At 8:53 am, Blogger T said…

    I think the LH looks lovely. Ah, cats might be the needles I plump for, or the DD will want to know why ;)
    Joan sounds like my sort of person, it's lovely that you have some of her earrings.

     
  • At 9:43 am, Blogger Woolly Wormhead said…

    Great new needles! I'm using my sheepy ones right now, working out a new design that can be worked on straights - yippee! In the unlikely event of anyone needing assurance that your needles are worth it, send 'em my way ;)

     
  • At 11:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hazel, congrats on your great website!! You are a very talented lady.

    Greetings from California, USA!!!

     
  • At 4:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those needles are great. And just wanted to say a big thanks cos my purple/pink row counter bracelet arrived today and I love it, have been using it already whilst knitting a sock.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home