KnitYoga

All rights are reserved on all images and text on this blog.

Friday, October 07, 2011

Update


Here's what I've been up to since I last updated. I made some more fabric paper. This one has skeleton leaves embedded into it.


And this one has lace incorporated into it.


A bead embroidered heart following a Doodling with Beads class with Christen Brown.


A few weeks ago, I started a hand quilting class locally (well, twenty minutes drive away) and have made three quilt blocks so far. The pic below shows the Shoo Fly and Honey Bee blocks that I've made.


This one is the Celtic Knot block.


When I have around fifteen blocks made, I'll use them in a sampler quilt for the single bed in our spare room. I'm really enjoying it and the tutor is so helpful and encouraging. The other ladies who attend are friendly with a great sense of humour so we have a bit of a laugh, too.

Lastly, for now, an autumn themed fabric postcard that I made for a swap.


We had family from Wales visiting recently and we explored some of the local attractions so I'll post about that next time. Plus I think it's about time to show some of the stuff that other people have sent me in swaps over the last several months. Back soon!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:25 pm, Anonymous Georgina said…

    You are always surprising Hazel - always something new to see, and always as if you are expert rather than having a go! As a quilt maker, I am especially impressed with your blocks - they are not beginner's standard! Wow!!

     
  • At 6:02 pm, Blogger Daisy said…

    Wow, love the quilting, especially the Celtic knot, it looks incredible! Looking forward to seeing what was in your swap parcels too.

     
  • At 6:06 pm, Blogger RecycleCindy said…

    So many beautiful things here at your blog. It's like eye candy to view all the lovely things you have created.

     
  • At 8:39 pm, Blogger Mode Chocolat said…

    Beautiful heart beading!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home